The following services can be easily adapted to meet your budget and time constraints.
Clarifying business objectives, the problems being solved, existing solutions, domain issues, constraints, and potential users.
- Business Analysis
- Audience Definition - description of target audience/customers, their mental models and their goals
- User Needs Assessment - w/ stakeholders, partners, customers, users, subject matter experts, etc
- Competitive Review - environment scan of how this or similar concerns are addressed by others
Past deliverables include: business goals document, competitive evaluation report, user goals description, personas, scenarios or storyboards, initial requirements documentation, business rules, use cases diagrams, activity diagrams, interview findings summary/transcripts/recordings, ethnographic field research findings, domain vocabulary, workflow analysis, and task analysis.
Assessing the existing system, site, or context for strengths, weaknesses, risks and opportunities. Draws upon expertise in user experience design and proven principles and patterns in information architecture.
- Content Evaluation
- Heuristic Analysis
- Cognitive Walkthroughs
- Task Analysis
- Usability Testing
Past deliverables include: content report/map, usability evaluation report (what happened during testing), prioritized issues, and interface/interaction/experience design recommendations.
Services include various qualitative methods for exploring creative solutions and arriving at a user experience vision that best serves all goals of the project.
- Solution Exploration - parallel open design exercises
- Concept Validation
- Iterative Design
Past deliverables include: user experience vision document, presentation of potential solutions, storyboards and scenarios, high-level data models, early UI mockups, and prototypes (in Axure, PowerPoint, OmniGraffle, Visio, etc.).
Refinement and Documentation
Working out the details to account for all issues of concern and communicating the design and specifications to stakeholders and technical partners.
- Interaction Design - clear description of how the system behaves
- Information Architecture - attending to all in-scope content and user tasks
- Task-level Requirements Gathering
- Functional User Interface Design
Past deliverables include: sitemaps (provide an overview of site content structure), wireframes (depicting screen-level structure), interface design, detailed requirements documentation, use case descriptions, and detailed functional specifications.
Development and Change Support
As a project progresses through graphic design and technical development, we work closely with the teams to guide decision making related to the user experience of the system.
- Document Revision - efficiently responding to changes
- Collecting Statistics and Feedback
- Support Testing Effort - clarification of expected functionality with testing team
Past deliverables include: updates to relevant documentation, summarized feedback, tests for system and/or user acceptance testing, and training sessions. Very often the output of this phase is through meetings and email communication.
All our work is done with regular and open collaboration with stakeholders, customers, and project teams.